ACE Mod Gallery

ACEOnline Mod Gallery

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Arena closes my client silently.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyithios

PostSubject: Arena closes my client silently.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:26 am

I'm not sure which mod I installed that stopped me from going into arena, but every time I do, the client will freeze during load and eventually close the client silently. Maybe this has something to do with the new interface?

The mods I've installed are as follows:

AO Interface Mod (Gigabyte's, with the crosshair and partial interface changes, including the colored fuel guage)
Tim's kit rings
New Engine Flame (red) for Rapid Binder
item.tex (going to use Prophet's latest later on)
FattieRob's BGM package
optimized map-res folder as per Tim's creation
optimized load.tex (as per Tim's creation)

And I believe that's all I messed with. In the map-res folder, everything is in check. Or should be. My backup of the res-map folder and the current, optimized res-map folder have the same amount of files. I'm thinking of moving the old one back in next arena hour to see if I can get in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenProphett
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:02 am

System specs? Also, before installing the mods, were you able to run arena? One last question, when did you install Res-Map?

I was running arena earlier with all those mods, not to mention a few custom ones, perfectly [1v1'ing ManEaterBug ;l]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 am

Most likely culprits are res-map and interface.tex. Restore backups one by one and try again after each.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyithios

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:58 am

I'll do that, Tim.

I was able to run Arena before the mods, yes. Perfectly, actually, given 15 seconds to load.

2 gigs of ram, Intel Core Duo (Mobile), 2.0 ghz. nVidia GeForce 8400M GS.

All drivers are correct and updated since before said mods. I'll edit this post again with results from the test. I just swapped res-map folders (modded to original) to see if that fixes anything. If it doesn't, I'll be glad I can have faster loading maps.

EDIT: Replacing the res-map folder with the original, I was able to enter arena again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyithios

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Double posting so that it's noticed. Sorry mengs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenProphett
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Haha it's cool. How odd though, the files work fine for me in arena.

Well, glad you fixed it. Hapy flying~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyithios

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Would be really nice if I got it to work. Maybe it's the filesize being all wrong and something's not right. I'll retry it later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturia Pendragon
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Daedalus wrote:
Would be really nice if I got it to work. Maybe it's the filesize being all wrong and something's not right. I'll retry it later.

If that was true, 90% of the mods posted would not work, since most of the original authors compress the files. Also, I run res-map as well, and I dont have arena crashing problems (and I never have). I notice arena crashing is usually a hardware-side problem (like most of the ppl that crash going into the arena server all have shitty comps).

Although, your comp doesnt seem all THAT bad (although, your processor is fairly out of date...I'm personally running a 2.66 GHZ core 2 duo).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyithios

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Explain why replacing my res-map folder back to it's original form fixed Arena then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Could be plenty of things, we all know the game isn't well coded. I'm working on figuring out some rendering issues with certain PCs (though I have had 0 problems so far myself).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyithios

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 am

I'm fairly certain my PC isn't the cause of this issue, though. That's what I'm saying. I've never had an issue with Arena before, and suddenly putting that in, I do? Just seems to me like something got skewed along the way. Either way, I think I've got a method of figuring it out. I appear to be one of the few people this is happening to, thus a minority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturia Pendragon
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Sat May 01, 2010 1:25 am

Daedalus wrote:
I'm fairly certain my PC isn't the cause of this issue, though. That's what I'm saying. I've never had an issue with Arena before, and suddenly putting that in, I do? Just seems to me like something got skewed along the way. Either way, I think I've got a method of figuring it out. I appear to be one of the few people this is happening to, thus a minority.

Again, I said its USUALLY hardware-side from what I've encountered. As I said before, the people that get arena crashing have always had it and its usually because of shitty hardware (like it takes them too long to load the arena, so the game just drops them). I was more or less throwing out there what NORMALLY causes it.

I don't know why the game would crash for those people who just COMPRESSED their files though. Makes no sense, since all tim did is change the file format (and it basically has the same resolution/detail or w/e as before, just smaller). Only thing I can think of is something got lost in translation. Maybe tim can make a seperate res-map with the original arena map files for ppl having this problem or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naro

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Fri May 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Can you go into IF?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyithios

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   Fri May 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Naro wrote:
Can you go into IF?

Barring the typical crap? Yes. With Zero's mod I'm not experiencing this, but if I switch back to Tim's res-map folder, everything gets fucked up. Beats me as to why this is happening at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena closes my client silently.   

Back to top Go down

Arena closes my client silently.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1