ACE Mod Gallery

ACEOnline Mod Gallery

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:46 am

Okay, many of you have been asking about the Mod tools.
It is up to the creator if he wants to publicly pass them around. If he ever gives the okay for it, you can be assured the tools will be posted for everyone to use and enjoy.

I understand Tim's reasons for wanting to hand them out exclusively. He just doesn't want people abusing the tools and/or breaking their game files.

Anyways, thanks for understanding and enjoy the site <333~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://acemod.highbb.com
TheCoolMan

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 am

Well, since Tim wouldn't give me1... I don't think he's a very good judge of character... Evil or Very Mad But yes I do understand his reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenProphett
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 am

Basically there's a way, for people with the right amount of knowledge on how the files work, to mod things that shouldn't be mod'able. [Such as hitboxes etc]

That's the main reason that Tim doesn't want to pass out the files as it will IMMEDIATELY get shut down by Suba if people start doing that. Then we lose our one opportunity at open editing of the files [To a degree].

Also if support gets swarmed with things regarding broken files, then it'll get shut down. Tim's only giving it to people who know what they are doing [in his opinion, you can argue all you want that you know what you are doing, but in the end it's all up to him whether he'll trust you with it or not]
Until he gives the go ahead, the files will be up to him for distribution. ZeroSama's PHP code is his, and as far as i know almost no one has that.

Basically, it's not open to the entire community yet, only a select portion. Talk to TimTheTortoise [AR] or MELOVETURDS [AO] if you think you can be part of that select portion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:07 pm

TheCoolMan wrote:
Well, since Tim wouldn't give me1... I don't think he's a very good judge of character... Evil or Very Mad But yes I do understand his reasons.
If I don't know who you are (as in established player/member of the community) and you don't give me good reasons why I should, there's no reason for me to. It's nothing personal, only a matter of having people who will do something constructive and creative with the tools being the only ones with access to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheCoolMan

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:00 pm

timthetortoise wrote:
TheCoolMan wrote:
If I don't know who you are (as in established player/member of the community) and you don't give me good reasons why I should, there's no reason for me to. It's nothing personal, only a matter of having people who will do something constructive and creative with the tools being the only ones with access to them.

Oh I completely understand.. I would be cautious also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyithios

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:00 am

Would be nice if I could get my hands on the repacker and extractor, but I'm in no rush. I backup my files before I touch 'em, so I'm almost certain there's no way I could break something. Besides, I'm more or less interested in doing trails and boosters, and maybe some effects. If I learn how the interface works, I might do a further remake of the interface with ZeroSama's crosshair if I can get it.

But I'm really in no rush for it. When it's available, it's available, and no amount of asking/whining for it is going to get it released to the public, or anyone that wants it, any faster. In the meantime, why not put up a request forum (I notice we don't have one?) so that people can request the mods they want to see. To be honest, I'm getting tired of these lackluster ideas lately. For example, the Big Booms being a simple picture of something stupid/silly. It's all in good fun, but I want my client to look good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schnarcher

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 am

some ppl that got the repacker are just messing around with it already. i wonder how the selection process for the ppl the get the tool was...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:51 am

schnarcher wrote:
some ppl that got the repacker are just messing around with it already. i wonder how the selection process for the ppl the get the tool was...
Some of the people who have the repacker weren't given the URL by me originally, so I'm going to be putting in some security measures (as well as up the max file size limit).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FallenProphett
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:30 am

timthetortoise wrote:
schnarcher wrote:
Some of the people who have the repacker weren't given the URL by me originally, so I'm going to be putting in some security measures (as well as up the max file size limit).

Good idea ;D Again, if anyone needs mods made for them and they don't have the repacker, talk to Tim or send the files to either me or Cal and we'll repack them for you. We won't be handing out Tim's mod tools or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arturia Pendragon
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:42 pm

timthetortoise wrote:
schnarcher wrote:

Probably make a way for the link to the repacker require a login possibly? That might be for the best. Just hit me up with a pm here or on the AO forums about it if you ever decide to do so.

Also tim, do you know about a way to make the .x files readable in Autodesk Maya 2009? My friend was curious about it and wants to go in and have a look at how masang did their models (for better or worse, lol).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am

What I'd do is download the DirectX SDK and use meshconvert /xt file.x to convert it to text. That is a much more friendly format to any program that can interpret DirectX files.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popo

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Hello Guys,
i edited the serapia binder and i wanted to put the .X file and the .tga image repack to an .obj fiel.
with the repacker but i doesnt worked. i had to name it in a special way because the was "Keep names the same as what you got from the readobj zip " but i didnt found the list.
this is the erorr report
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/savethen/public_html/dev/includes/PackFile.php on line 175

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/savethen/public_html/dev/includes/PackFile.php on line 173

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/savethen/public_html/dev/includes/PackFile.php on line 175

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/savethen/public_html/dev/includes/PackFile.php on line 173

Total size: 0; File count: 0

Warning: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/savethen/public_html/dev/includes/PackFile.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/savethen/public_html/dev/includes/PackFile.php on line 50

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/savethen/public_html/dev/includes/PackFile.php on line 144
_ec7449d405f530ec71b4e709d562100e.obj

Other problem
I cant edit the serapia binder like the normal way with the Res-X editor. I had to download the .obj because it wasnt in the Res-Eff folder.
i opened it with the tool and there was the an binary fiel, usually there was the .tga image. WTF
So i couldnt replace the new skin (.tga fiel) ,because the Res-X editor only wanted to open binary fiels.
DO you have any sulution with program do you use and how do you fix this problem

Good Night R3MIXX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Make sure you don't have any sub-directories in the zip you're uploading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
popo

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:42 am

i dont have any sub-directories,
i out the .x fiel .tga in that directories
and there are in an .zip fiel
nothing more
i try it out again thx
for you help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 am

Upload the zip file so I can see what's wrong. If you don't have the names a certain way, it won't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St0rmy

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dark-aces.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)   

Back to top Go down

About the Mod tools (packing/unpacking)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1