ACE Mod Gallery

ACEOnline Mod Gallery

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Armor Color scheme mod kit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Created By: Noname (AirRivals)
AR version available on the AR forums.

Tool Kit: http://www.calciumdeposit.co.uk/Ace%20Color%20Mods.zip

Step 1: Extract the folder to your desktop.

Step 2: Place the Airrivals Folder in your Suba Games directory.

Step 3: Copy the objectinfo file from your AceOnline Res-Eff folder and paste it into the AirRival Res-Eff folder.

Step 4: Run the patcher inside the AirRivals folder. Let it finish completely.

Step 5: Take out your newly patched objectinfo file and place it and the effectinfo file provided (in the color mods pack) into the ACE Online Res-Eff folder.

***You only have to repeat steps 1-5 everytime a patch replaces your objectinfo file***

Step 6: Go into the colormods folder and look up the armor you intend to mod.

Step 7: I recomend using one of the default skins if this is your first time using this kit. Choose the skin you want, they are in the original paintshop order.

Step 8: Copy/paste the skin into the texture-in-use folder, rename it to 'skin' without the quotes. You can choose to edit this picture, I recomend Gimp or PhotoShop for decent results.

Step 9: Run Makef.bat, let it finish completely. This may take a moment so don't panic.

Step 10: Copy/paste the .OBJ file newly made inside the OBJ folder into the ACE Online Res-EFF folder.

And now just log in.

Please note that with the tools provided the old textures will bleed through a little bit (except for the rapid, which has been fixed). It will look better in-game than it does in the Gear Select screen.

*UPDATE*
http://www.calciumdeposit.co.uk/effectinfo.inf
Place that file in your RES EFF folder if you play North American ACE ONline and don't like getting disconnected

*Mirror for people affected by freewebs IP block:
Preconfigured effectinfo/objectinfo
http://narobook.com/CalciumDeposit/effectinfo.inf
http://narobook.com/CalciumDeposit/objectinfo.inf

Last edited by CalciumDeposit on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://acemod.highbb.com

AuthorMessage
Ditto
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Gonna try it..

Edit:
Still crashing after logging :U, like its getting crc checked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Its something on your end since it works perfectly for me
Where are you putting the armor files you've modded? I've noticed alot of people keep trying to put them in RES_OBJ when youre supposed to put them in RES_EFF
Back to top Go down
Ditto
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Ugh fuck im retarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fortune

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Idk is it possible to have an executable that rebuild the file by itself so you don't need to update a new file every once a patching coming (like what you did to the objectinfo file).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 pm

It's possible, but thats way beyond what I can do for now.
The only people I know that CAN do it don't play ACE anymore or never did.
And if anyone crashes with slot weps let me know, its the only thing I havent been able to test yet.

How to compile a working effectinfo yourself: (in case youre impatient for me to do it)
Get a copy of the most recent Official ACE effectinfo.
Extract it with tim's extractor, it apparently works on like everything ACE related.
Extract the colormod kit effectinfo and copy all the files extracted from it and paste over the contents of the extracted official effectinfo. Rebuild it with Tim's repacker and you're set.

If you have no knowledge of modding and have no idea what you are doing, do NOT attempt this. Just wait for me or someone else to upload a working version.

OP updated with new EFF INFO file
Back to top Go down
jiibus

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:59 am

When i try to run the (object info patcher) i get this error:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:10 am

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx
Try updating your .NET framework
If that doesnt work Ill just upload my copy of the OBJectinfo
Back to top Go down
jiibus

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:21 am

Still doesnt work could i have ur OBJectinfo link please =) thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:14 am

Back to top Go down
Ditto
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Pss. still getting crashes when some slot (?) weps are fired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:56 pm

which ones? And are the IF weapons fine?
Back to top Go down
fortune

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:29 pm

The IF weapons are fine. It seems it still crashes near a slot weapon for some reason... I got dc'd like 10+ times during that last attack MS war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Bizarre, I was in that Mothership war and didnt crash.
But so far Ive been unable to test it for sure myself since everyone with a slot wep is too busy being afk or grinding to a billion to pop a few shots in reynard for me...
Back to top Go down
Ditto
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Try this effectinfo.

mediafire.com ?bpv358a0r3g882f
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nonameAR

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:06 pm

CalciumDeposit wrote:
It's possible, but thats way beyond what I can do for now.
The only people I know that CAN do it don't play ACE anymore or never did.
And if anyone crashes with slot weps let me know, its the only thing I havent been able to test yet.

How to compile a working effectinfo yourself: (in case youre impatient for me to do it)
Get a copy of the most recent Official ACE effectinfo.
Extract it with tim's extractor, it apparently works on like everything ACE related.
Extract the colormod kit effectinfo and copy all the files extracted from it and paste over the contents of the extracted official effectinfo. Rebuild it with Tim's repacker and you're set.

If you have no knowledge of modding and have no idea what you are doing, do NOT attempt this. Just wait for me or someone else to upload a working version.

OP updated with new EFF INFO file

That should have worked if Tim's tool is processing the files correctly and changing everything that needed to be changed. Personally I did it by hand.

If people are crashing, either its not being put together correctly, or someones not using the most recent objectinfo.inf with their mods applied to that.

------

couldn't remember my password for the original account I had here when I posted the kits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 am

Noname - while youre here, have any of the other armors been updated like the rapid was?
Because I'm about to try to fix the other 3 wp armors
Back to top Go down
timthetortoise
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:20 am

Reinstalled AO to try this out C:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nonameAR

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:47 am

CalciumDeposit wrote:
Noname - while youre here, have any of the other armors been updated like the rapid was?
Because I'm about to try to fix the other 3 wp armors

The Tackle I did a while ago and released. The revival didn't really glitch that much if I remembered correctly so I didn't bother. The rigid I attempted, but there were 2 bones in the model that I couldn't correct for so I gave up on that one. When the bones moved, the back flaps would end up far away from the model and skewed; as well as those 2 nubs that go down when you land in the front of the model. I fixed most of it, but not having the back flaps animate by removing the bone would be annoying, the un-animated front issue would probably have gone unnoticed to most. The older models all seem to have these issues, but I was able to correct for the rapid/tackle/double coat. I also released a fixed Stormriser and doublecoat.

Unfortunately, its all not as easy as just globally resizing the model. That you can actually do from within the game files itself. Not being a graphic artist myself, it usually took me a half a day to usually a day to do a model, doing small bits then exporting it over and over and repacking to check the progress. I'm actually surprised you got DeleD3D to work, it was one of the ones I initially tried and it would always fail when importing.

There are a few I haven't released that I fixed so far. Became annoyed at how little effort people try to even put into something like finding instructions that have been posted 10+ times, or simply reading a post saying its going to glitch. But mostly, the fact that this is being used on the private servers as well, which basically goes against why I worked on it, that's why Slies is posting here and on the AR boards.

The ones that were released:

mediafire.com ?3m488s9ln89myyy - rapid
mediafire.com ?j4ek64t916qz55y - double coat
mediafire.com ?ac2k6w21ay5e43j - storm riser
mediafire.com ?11zlm1n622xsokk - tackle

----------------------

My original post from the AR board on why general scaling wouldn't work:

There are reasons I made the asterick comments in particular. The flicker personally bothers me, but its the best that can be done for now. I actually resized the models through the game and then synched the animations for each of the different actions. Most of the armors required 5 different effects to be added, such as for boostering, releasing boost, landing, landed, and default positions. In some instances slightly offsetting the animations hid the flicker better than synching the animations exactly. Its not so much the animations exactly, as it is probably a slight different in animation speed between the skin and the model below or a not exact position.

Animations where the animated part moved towards the camera and the a large surface was visible presented the biggest problem in terms of flicker. But for instance take a look at some of the agear ones, where there is barely and flicker, even when playing animations (schneider/blazer/grizzly probably best, double coat worst). Or most of the landing sequences for all of the armors show little or no flicker. Its mainly the boosting that caused the problems for the reasons stated above, their rapid timing of the animation. If you record the screen while boostering, you'll actually see that the flicker is the underlying armor popping through, the less it happens the less the flicker is noticed.

And yes it is best hidden by using skins with similar colors, at least over the moving parts. BMM and TA shouldn't cause any extra issues in terms of model bleed through, as there is no animation for those.

Lag will affect the animation of both the skin and the model below, sometimes with some interesting results.

Unfortunately its not as easy as just editing the model. The skins are basically just slightly bigger than the model below. Making them any bigger provides problems due to the surfaces visible on the armor. The models would have to actually be skewed in one direction which could cause distortions, require re-mapping bones, as well as repositioning things like flames, weapon clamps, etc. In the image below it kind of explains why a simple enlarging of the armor doesn't exactly help. The top is how it is currently, and the bottom shows what would basically happen just scaling the image to be generally larger. The red line being the skin and the blue the armor below.

Basically the inner surfaces where visible, are no longer covered.

While I can edit the armors there tended to be mesh abnormalities caused. I've tried okino polytrans/nugraf which was ok. UltimateUnwrap was pretty good, but did screw up, and there were a few others with a little better results. Basically editing the models/animations and then re-mapping bones, then having to remap things like flames and weapon clamps was just more time than I could afford to put towards this. As is I probably put more time than I should have here and there, particularly given to the fact the life of this project won't be to long, and more pressing IRL issues.

--------------------------------------

In other words, if it was a solid object you could just generally scale. But because of the inner exposed bits, not so much. The Agear ones are kinda the easiest to fix given their blocky nature.

I'm also surprised masang hasn't locked the armor mods or trail mods out yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ditto
Mod File Artist

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Fake valk veil isnt that glitchy btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nonameAR

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Ditto wrote:
Fake valk veil isnt that glitchy btw.

No moving parts. The less glitchy armors are going to be those with few or no moving parts. You'll always see some flashing depending on how you fly with the camera switching around with the unfixed models, but yeah.

Again, pointing at the agears. Solid blocks with few animated parts, and even then they're usually slow animations. Out of the agear armors, the double coat needed the rework on the model the most because the animation moves in multiple axis and is rather fast comparatively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm actually having issues with Deled now... It wont import some armors, it can import the fox binder though for sure.
What is cool about Deled is it's able to atleast export .x models that the game client can use.
Which is pretty fun to fuck around with. pretty soon Ill have a working Tie Fighter armor :3

But if fixing the armors is more complicated than just simply scaling them up a little bit, I don't think I'm up to the task...

And thanks for posting the improved armors <3
Mostly all the armors I cared about were the fox/rapid/tackle anyway
Back to top Go down
nonameAR

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:17 pm

CalciumDeposit wrote:
I'm actually having issues with Deled now... It wont import some armors, it can import the fox binder though for sure.
What is cool about Deled is it's able to atleast export .x models that the game client can use.
Which is pretty fun to fuck around with. pretty soon Ill have a working Tie Fighter armor :3

But if fixing the armors is more complicated than just simply scaling them up a little bit, I don't think I'm up to the task...

And thanks for posting the improved armors <3
Mostly all the armors I cared about were the fox/rapid/tackle anyway

Pretty much the way I started off was fixing the armors that people were making skins for, since it meant those were the ones being used. The rapid and tackle were the ones having the most skins for, then the stormriser. Fixed the Agear one after someone made a skin for it, plus a few friends requested it at the time.

Scaling will work to an extent, it will just leave a lot of exposed surfaces. If I remember correctly, the fox binder was an x model in .txt mode rather than binary or binary compressed. DeleD might have trouble with most of them as they're binary compressed and not just binary or text.

As for the other models into the game, yes its possible through this. At one point I had myself as a B-wing will animations. But be careful not to use to big of a model if your a bgear, because it'll throw your abm/gbm's off since its just an effect and won't hit the enlarged model.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fortune

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:36 pm

noname, can you check the boss valk?

Like the picture shown, for some reason, the booster flame doesn't line up with the exhaust. and overall, the boss valk is pretty fucked. The orange spinning things doesn't line up. But I fixed that by copy an older version of that obj file. ANd the landing gear is out of shape too.

No idea how mesang can fuck that up this bad consider they haven't had any major change to the boss valk in the patch notes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DreamSinger

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Is it just me, or does every1 have the problem where they're in a place with massive amount of people, and when they see it, they suddenly crash? I mean, in an SP war, I get to the main camp, and crash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CalciumDeposit
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:01 am

Dream singer, that sounds like an effectinfo problem, make sure you are using the correct one.
If you are playing Subagames ACE: http://www.calciumdeposit.co.uk/effectinfo.inf
Bare in mind, if you are using any other version of the game, or if suba ACE gets "updated", the effectinfo will crash you. (I stopped thinking of the patches ACE gets as "updates" long ago...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armor Color scheme mod kit   

Back to top Go down

Armor Color scheme mod kit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next